Right Writers

Friday, September 29, 2006

Easter Vigil by Care-bear 10 (3a)*

As I sit in the darkness waiting for the three loud knocks to come from the back of the church, I'm almost jumping out of my theater seat with excitment. Easter Vigil is my favorite night of the year. I smell the smoky incense as the robed deacon gently swings it down the aisle. I love it when people come up on stage and act out the scriptures. One of my favorite parts is when we sing "He is Alive" and all of a sudden I hear the ear shattering sound of the drums beating, the bells ringing, and the people cheering. The lights come on and two huge gold and white Easter banners drop down saying "He is risen! Alleluia"! My other favorite part is when everyone joins hands and dances through the carpeted aisles. I feel the hands grasp mine as we weave through the auditorium. I feel happy and free. It is the most amazing night ever.

This post won the "You Were There" Award.

3 Comments:

Blogger rightwriters said...

Tell your mom i said good job j.k.I never could have done better<3

9:21 PM  
Blogger rightwriters said...

The way you discribed everything is so interesting. Like "ear shattering"

Horsefeathers10

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool I'v never been to the Easter vigil but the way you dicribed this it soung's amazing

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home