Right Writers

Friday, September 29, 2006

Just Another Day by Jockulater13 (3B)*

As I walk down the cobblestone path to my new job as a cook's assistant, I hear an agonized scream. I turn my head and see a terrified little boy being lifted up by one of the windmill wings on the Miller's farm. Racing headlong towards him, I know the danger he is in. I grab the wing just in time for him to jump off and me to go up. I rise toward the top of the mill, realizing that I've been tricked by a wicked little schoolboy. The boy, not wanting to get blamed for getting me hurt, shouts for me to let go. As I look down, my head feels dizzy. As I go higher and higher, I get a mouthful of the bitter, salty taste of the ocean. I then let go and fall heavily to the ground, scraping my chin and knee on the hard, rocky path. After the shock, I reach my finger to my chin and feel the blood trickling down. I notice a strange smell and remember the loaf of bread in my pocket. I pull out the smashed loaf, break off a chunk and begin to eat. Hoping the food will help me get over everything that just happened, I get up and dust myself off. Just then, I hear the sound of the work bell telling everyone that it's time to get started. I return to the cobblestone path, with my head held high, and I'm back on my walk to work.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger rightwriters said...

I like the fine diskripshone. Nirrok 10

9:37 AM  
Blogger rightwriters said...

I like the how you discribed "I feel the blood trickling down my chin" and "I notice a srange smell and remember the loaf of bread in my pocket" the way you discribe it makes it easy to picture.

Horsefeathers10

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You used a lot of good adjectives! I loved agonized and terrified. Yayy good job. :]

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah it's good
love it!!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home