A Night in the Loft by Horsefeathers10 (3B)
As I walk up the steep, creaky stairs to the loft, I feel its comforting warmth. Quickly, I get changed and wait for Trudy to say her loud prayers, then I start with mine. Mama begins talking about the weather and says that Papa is probably cold and wet. I feel sorry for him and begin to feel lonely without him there. Then Mama kisses my forehead softly and I smell the clean buttery scent on her hands. Soon she is singing the familiar nursery rhyme that she sings to me and Trudy every night with her sweet, soft voice. I glance over to see plump Trudy sleeping beside
me, snoring softly. Mama's soft breath blows out the candle light and we are wrapped in darkness.

5 Comments:
I like the discripshon. Nirrok 10
nice job with the prayer part
I have always liked your titles
You did very well on this post. It was very warm and detailed. Good job! You may want to go over it with your mom or someone and check your spelling. Overall, I really liked it!
Pickle13
this is a realy good paragraph.maybe you could discribe the stairs. i like comforting warmth. GOOD JOB!
care-bear10
Post a Comment
<< Home